When cash is tight, everyone wants to find a deal – but what if you could buy a house for less than what you pay in monthly rent? It might sound like a fantasy, but by doing some homework at your local courthouse, you may be able to get yourself a bargain. If you’re over the age of 18, then you’re eligible for making exactly this kind of purchase by following a few simple steps:
- Ask your local court house when the next “tax sales and sheriff sales” will be held.
- Check for advertised properties about 30 days before the sale.
- Do some research on where the “parcels” of land you can bid on are – this information is usually found at court or county offices, or in some cases online.
- Drive by the property, but DON’T try to go closer. The property must be bought and paid for before you’re allowed inside.
- Get to the sale ahead of time.
- Bid on your property.
- Presto, you own a house!
There are a few more details that will vary from county to county, but those are the basics. Happy bidding!
Original URL: http://www.ehow.com/how_4589894_buy-house.html