Real men know how to exit a room, and if you aren’t sure but want to be able to fake it, here are some steps you can take to learn how to successfully leave when you’re ready to go:
- Stay an appropriate length of time.
- Signal, physically, that you’re serious about going – by standing up.
- Shake hands, and:
- Say your thank-yous and good-byes.
- Get your things together so you don’t have to come back
- Make for the door with confidence and ease
- Open the door so you don’t get stuck chatting
- WALK AWAY.
Congratulations, you’ve just successfully, politely, and confidently left the room!